Skip to main content

Jade Tree - encaustic w/mixed media - 2009


Jade Tree is today’s installment from the Gem Series. The splattered tree form really pushes this one into a more abstracted realm. In this recent work I am attempting to combine abstraction with representational images all while wrestling with this process driven media. It’s quite the journey and I often know where I want to be but have no idea how I am going to get there. I play this cat-and-mouse kind of game with the medium as the imagery fades in and out until finally it all makes sense. Today I am feeling the desire to paint but have to attend to the business side of being an artist. Another little gem tomorrow…

Comments

Antonia Di Castri said…
Wow, this is so beautiful! I was looking for some inspiration for a painting I'm working on right now when I stumbled upon this and am completely mesmerized! How did you manage to control your splatters so well? Congratulations, this really is an incredible piece!