Skip to main content

Fire Opal


Fire Opal – encaustic w/mixed media 2009


Fire opal is the featured painting today and the warm colors are speaking to me on this blustery Monday. This piece has a simple composition and much less going on in it than most of the other gems in the series. The simplicity creates a nice visual balance when paired with the other paintings. This week I deliver the remaining works to the gallery and the show will be hung early next week. Tomorrow’s gem: Black Coral

Comments

Just arrived on your blog and like your work very much...this is great, a gem series. Beautiful colors!
Mary Ann
Alicia Tormey said…
Thank you commenting Mary Ann! I think I will be continuing my work on this series for a while.
Jeane Myers said…
this will be a wonderful show - I'm going to try very hard to get there to see it :)
Alicia Tormey said…
Thanks Jeane: I hope you can make it to the show - that would be lovely!