Skip to main content

My Process...


Since I first encountered encaustic over 25 years ago I have watched it grow from an obscure ancient painting method to a widely popular and recognized fine art medium. 

With interest in encaustic continuing to expand, I receive daily inquiries from other artists about my painting methods and techniques... especially the shellac burn technique that I have become known for in recent years. So I have created Learn to Burn Workshops designed around my specific way of working with encaustic with an emphasis on the shellac burn technique. 



Detail from Carnival Vista - Encaustic w/mixed media - 24" x 48" -Alicia Tormey 2015


I offer live sessions in a group or private setting and will soon have an online course and Skype sessions available.  For a list of current classes please visit my workshop page at: Alicia Tormey Workshops 

In the mean time...here are some very informative links on the subject of encaustic that you may find helpful:





View a bit of my painting process here: Organic Alchemy Video


Wishing you all the best. 
Cheers! ~ Alicia


Comments