Skip to main content

Grateful, Content & Inspired




Show title wall featuring Soloist




Pacini Lubel Gallery street view



Me posing with Sapphire Cove

Today I am feeling richly rewarded after several months of hard work. The opening of Second Nature was lovely and I want to say "Thank you!" to all the dear friends who came out on Thursday night to support me. I also want to extend a special thanks to those who traveled long distances to see the show and to those of you who have left me such kind comments here on my blog.


Gallery southeast view



Me posing with the gems.

Many of the little gems have already sold and there is a possible commission in the works. The Seattle Times also ran a blurb about the exhibition and featured an image of my work in the Arts section of the paper. So here I am feeling grateful, content and inspired. The studio beckons and I need to start preparing for my 2010 exhibitions. I will be participating in several group shows starting next spring and I have a solo show slated for July 2010 in Sun Valley at the Gilman Contemporary. I’ll continue to track my progress and share my discoveries here as I make my way through the next creative journey. Thank you for your continued interest and I hope you will always find some inspiration here.


gallery west view


Emerald Pond



Botanicals as a set.


Northeast gallery view.

Comments

M said…
Congratulations to you. Both you and the exhibition look lovely. I like the variety in sizes and they fill the space well. I'm looking forward to the next lot of work you create.
Kim Hambric said…
Beautiful work beautifully displayed. Congratulations on those sales!
Yes, a big congratulations, as I can see you did a lot of work for this show. How satisfying that is went well! This body of work does capture a meadow in it's exquisite natural beauty. The little gems are brilliant - something an art lover can purchase with ease.
wow! The exhibit looks...just amazing. Congratulations on a great opening and having the Seattle Times write something up on you. That's fantastic! Wish I could have been there.
Jeane Myers said…
this looks wonderful Alicia - I almost got there yesterday, but I ran out of time - will make it in later this month! :)
layers said…
I love the title of your first image..
and kudos on all your sales and the Seattle Times art section and more...
yahoo!
Nancy Natale said…
Good for you, Alicia! Your work looks lovely. Those triptychs are great framed together. Your hard work was worth it all.
Alicia Tormey said…
Thank you all for your lovely comments of support. I really admire the artwork and blogs that all of you are producing and your messages mean a lot to me.
Sharon Barfoot said…
What a fabulous show Alicia. I wish I was near to see it in person. You do such fabulous work with encaustic.
Alicia Tormey said…
Thanks Zappha - your work is pretty fabulous too!