Skip to main content

The Great Art Party 2009

Metaphor - Alicia Tormey 2007  Encaustic w/ mixed media 12" x 16"
The Great Art Party is being held this Saturday, September 12th at the Renaissance Hotel in Seattle. I donated this small encaustic painting to help raise funds for the Floating Bridge Press. This is a unique auction concept for an arts fund raiser. They have different ticket purchase levels starting at 100. Then they draw numbers and you select the piece of art you want based on this lottery system. It’s a great deal. For instance, the painting I donated is valued at 500 and the cost to participate in this "lottery" section is only 300. All proceeds will benefit the Floating Bridge Press Endowment Fund, assuring the press a healthy financial future. Founded in 1994, Floating Bridge Press produces its annual Poetry Chapbook Award, publishes The Floating Bridge Review literary journal and produces state-wide poetry readings: http://www.scn.org/floatingbridge/
This is in keeping with my motto – "Artists Supporting the Arts!" See you there!

Comments

layers said…
looks like a great auction for a good cause. Every time I see one of your encaustics I get more encouraged to get my wax-- maybe one of these days I will DO it.. love your textures and colors.