Skip to main content

Discovering Treasure


Geode 2009 - Alicia Tormey - Encaustic w/mixed media . 8" x 8"

This is one of the small gem series paintings titled Geode. These little “gems” are evolving into some really unique work. So far I have created twenty of these small panels for my November show and I want to keep expanding on this series in the future. The larger panels for the show are starting to fall into place now and all the work together as a group takes on a whole new life of its own. This show will be somewhat of a departure for me with works ranging in size from 8" up to 6ft and a wide range of hard candy colors. I still have some final push days to put in at the studio before this body of work is complete. For the first time in a long while I feel a sense of evolution in the work itself and it makes me feel very inspired and filled with anticipation of discoveries yet to unfold. More to share so stay tuned...