Skip to main content

Tree-cycled Art

Holiday tree tags made from recycled materials by Colleen Maloney/2008

Colleen peeks through the trees!

Wouldn’t you love to receive one of these in your mail box?!

This is work from Colleen Maloney, another artist in the Arty Girls group I mentioned earlier. Her work is so colorful and amazing. Here is what she has to say about these images:

Since it's the holiday season, I thought I'd include what I did for last year. I used old calendars and paper promotions by combining different pieces together, then stitching and die cutting them. My Christmas theme was based on ecology. My challenge was to create a card without using up a lot of resources in an attempt to give back to our earth. Each tree is a collage made entirely from discarded paper in hopes that “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”

Lovely sentiment, Colleen, and great use of waste paper materials. I particularly like the swirly stitching. I can see decorating an entire tree with nothing but these. Thank you for your contribution to this blog post.

Comments

Jul said…
These are beautiful! Makes me wish I had made holiday cards this year.