Skip to main content

Going with the Flow

Emerald explorations are emerging... as a juicy pallet of greens (with infusions of blue and amber ) keeps flowing on my worktable this week. Here are a few detail images of what’s taking shape in the studio...  

 detail...working with a few new techniques for this effect


In this photo you can get a sense for the visual flow that's happening.


Had to show you the close-up details on this one because the size, about  24" x 80 ", makes it a challenge to capture the richness of the surface.

Another little wax paper experiment...back lit with day light. 
Several more works-in-progress are heating up now and this larger emerald piece should be done soon. I will share more images when these are ready.

Comments

Joyce Gehl said…
Wowzer. You are really in full swing. I love the colors, and that backlit wax paper is astounding. You are on to something girlfriend!
Jet said…
Hi Alicia, from a fan of the Netherlands, wish i lived a little bit closer to take a workshop from you, now i try to learn by reading and looking at your art and be inspired.
Thanks so much, Jet
Alicia Tormey said…
Hi Jet..Welcome and thank you for commenting. Perhaps I will get to the Netherlands some day to teach a workshop!
Krystyna said…
Your painting is amaizing Iam your fan.You inspired me to start this kind of painting.I live in Poland and I like spend time making artistic amatour works.I learn all the time and watching on you tube and pinterest how to make it.
It is fascinating adventure to create and put shelac on wax and see result.
Krystyna

Unknown said…
Maybe you could come to Perth Australia too? :-)
I absolutely LOVE your work.
Shelley
Dawne said…
Hi Alicia,
I love your work sooo much! You are very inspiring. Do you have any videos for sale or online classes? I would le to come to Seattle, but just not in the cards right now��. Flights and hotels, you know what I mean. I am so inspired I am going to try on my own!
Really amazing work! Thank you for sharing the beauty!
Dawne