Skip to main content

Turquoise Dream


Turquoise Dream - encaustic w/mixed media 2010

Studio Update: I shipped this little gem off yesterday and today I am putting the finishing touches on a commission that I will install this weekend. I am almost caught up now with my studio schedule. I still have to wrap up the five paintings that will be going to the Alexis Hotel (I will post images of this work soon) and then start preparing panels for my July show in Sun Valley. I may have to hire a studio intern this year but feeling very fortunate to have my work in such demand. To top it all off it’s a sunny January day here in Seattle. Miracles continue…

Comments

Janet said…
I can't wait to get it!
How thrilling, Alicia!! Love, Ginny
Your work is so beautiful - no wonder it's in such demand.

(ps - if you do decide to hire a studio intern, I'd love to talk to you about it.)
Gaga said…
Alicia, Do you have a post on your blog in which you describe your process? It looks like in some of your pieces (nest, etc) that you draw first. With others I can't tell if you have done that - I see mostly texture (I suspect shellac)with less drawing. Do you plan in detail or do your painting evolve? Thanks, Flo